Top 10 Tuesdays are aimed at sharing resources and tips that have had usefulness in my life. Mondays can be long, stressful, and disgruntling so Tuesday often is about taking action, making a new plan, or maybe tweaking the attitude just a bit. Today’s top 10 are going to be simple – nope, no brain surgeon needed here! The thing is, when life is busy, complex, packed with stress and responsibilities – these simple steps can get pushed aside. Let’s use them.
1. Breathe – Recently I was told that I have a short breath in, compared to my breath out. I’ve been working on breathing and counting to 6 slowly, and then out 6. The simple step of stopping what you are doing, taking the time to breathe and notice your body, can bring you back to a place of calm.
3. Notice – Notice the colors, the texture, the sounds, the smells, the space that you’re in.
4. Show Gratitude – Whether it be leaving a small note to say thank you, or making a quick call, or a quick text message to say you appreciate a gesture – noticing kindness can go a long way.
5. Plan for Success – Now I’m not saying if you plan for success that everything is going to turn out all right, but notice your attitude, your excitement, & your ability to brainstorm when things aren’t going quite as planned.
6. Find Nature – Smell those roses! And if you really can’t find nature (stuck in an elevator, a building or room with no windows) close your eyes and find nature there. Your favorite nature spot.
7. Indulge – Make a plan for something you want but haven’t made time, had the $ for, keep forgetting. How about a massage, or a fruit smoothie, or a fun excursion down the river? And when you do this, be present.
8. Stretch – Stretch your body out, your necks, your back, your wrists, shoulders…you name it stretch it.
9. Share – We are good at asking kids to share with one another. Do we do this ourselves? Share a message, over lunch, whatever it may be – and enjoy the joy your sharing.
10. Play – What’s your favorite recess activity? Dance to a song, play a sport, chase a pet or a friend, play hard.