What does being overwhelmed look like to you? Perhaps it is a never ending to do list, too much work, not enough time to play, familial obligations, emotional exhaustion, or major life transitions that are throwing us out of our normal routine. Here are some tips on how to attempt to address those feelings of being overwhelmed.
- Look at what has to get done vs. what you’d like to get done. Think about what matters most.
- Set small goals and steps to achieve those goals.
- Consider what you have said yes to. Is it possible to assign a task to someone else? What are the consequences of not meeting what you’ve said yes to? Perhaps there’s some leeway in asking for an extension to get something done?
- Cut out distractions from social events that feel more like obligations rather than fun and time spent on social media, TV, or the internet.
- Find some quiet time to do something you love, time to relax, rest, think and feel.
- Nurture those relationships that are most meaningful to you. Find time to share what’s going on in your heart and mind.
- Focus on what’s going well in your life.